Wednesday, May 1, 2013

'Willow' by Amy Richie


Blurb from Amazon:
“Being a werewolf is harder than it looks. Everyone thinks it’s just morph at the full moon, kill, morph back. That’s not true. It’s a lot harder than that. Especially if you are seventeen years old.”

Willow has the worst luck. First she has to deal with her narcissistic foster mother, Bella; then of course there’s her horrid little sister Ivy; not to mention the pack of werewolves that belong to Bella. Now, they have to move and start a new school - again.

Just when Willow thinks things can’t get any worse, Blake shows up from a council she never knew existed to name her leader of a pack she never knew existed. How was she supposed to teach a bunch of teenagers how to be wolves when she herself hated everything about her life?

**My thoughts**

This is probably my first book that I have ever read with a were as the main character. Most of the books that I have read had weres as supportive characters. That being said, I did enjoy this book, as I usually do those published by the Anchor Group.

Willow is already well aware that she is a werewolf, and has had some inkling of her destiny, thanks to stories told to her throughout her childhood after she was turned. Suddenly, she is whisked away and has to become the leader of her own pack, and to protect them and guide them. But she still has so much to learn and hates what she is, anyway.

What I liked about this book was its quick pace and ease of reading. Willow does grow and mature somewhat through the book as she has to take on more responsibilities. I liked most of the other characters and their chemistry.

I did feel a little lost here and there like I had missed something and felt like some areas needed more development. Some things were explained away rather quickly. But I have faith that as the series continues, the story will grow stronger. I look forward to checking out more of it in the future.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment