Thursday, January 23, 2014

A Day in the Life of S.P. Cervantes, author of 'Always and Forever'


Andi's Young Adult Books is pleased to have author S.P. Cervantes joining us today. She is a fellow teacher and author and shares how she manages to balance the hectic life of each profession.

A Day in the Life of S.P. Cervantes

Being a mother of three, a wife, a teacher, and a writer is all about balance. During the summer I am markedly better at all of the above. I have time to be with my kids, clean, cook, and develop new lessons for the school year.

My life during the school year is hectic. Every morning I wake up at 5am. I check emails and read up on blogs for good books to read. I like to see how authors are promoting their books since I am new to the publishing world, and early in the morning is the best time for me to check some sites out.

After getting my kids ready for school, I spend my day teaching and prepping lessons. When I get home the crazy begins. Between shuffling my son to his after school activities and entertaining fur year old twins, I take a break from it all and go on a jog. I get some of my best ideas for my stories while running and listening to music. I find myself laughing, crying, and sometimes stopping to type an idea on my phone while running. I am not sure why I get my ideas while running or right before bed, but there it is.

Weekends are where I get most of my writing done. My husband always allows me an entire day to hide away, ignore my kids, andwrite. It is in those moments that I feel free to express myself without worrying about the clock or interruptions.

Every night, after I tuck the kids into bed, I either spend an hour or two writing or reading. It is a constant battle because there are way too many amazing books out there to read, but I have just as many floating around in my mind begging to be told.

In between the craziness, I find time to research marketing, ideas for my book, and even time for my husband. It’s a crazy life, but I wouldn’t change a thing about it. Well, maybe to be a NY Times best seller!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New Adult Paranormal Romance
Date Published:
11/13/2013

Twin sisters Ava and Hannah were ripped from their peaceful seeming lives into a whirlwind of attacks and war only to learn the real truth about their existence. 

Nothing was as it seemed anymore and may never be again. They had already lost their father in childhood now they have to cope with their mother’s kidnapping as they watch those sworn to protect them risk their lives.

Read an excerpt:
Dalton

I stood motionless watching her as she lay peacefully, giggling quietly to herself as she dreamed. I noticed for the first time the delicate dimples she had when she smiled. The sun was beginning to set and the air had more of a chill than when we got here. The time had melted away.

My thoughts were quickly interrupted by a loud growling sound. It went from sounding human to a deep, foul terrifying rumble of excitement. I knew instantly that was our enemy. I wondered what form they had taken to capture Ava. The Sabatinos rarely did anything in their human form. They thrived on the fear they instilled in their victims by changing forms.

Ava sat up quickly, ripping her earphones off and threw them an inch from where I was hiding. Her eyes were full of fear. 
Suddenly an enormous creature emerged from the clearing charging straight to Ava. My heart raced as I quickly ran from the opposite side of the clearing as fast as I could to get there before the creature had. Although I could run much faster than a mortal, so could this creature if it were truly a member of the Sabatino coven. This was going to make for a much more difficult fight.

The creature was closing in on Ava quickly with evil red eyes fixated on its prey. I wasn’t sure if I could make it in time. Overwhelming fear shot through my entire body. I wasn’t just failing Connor, I was failing our coven.

Ava stood frozen. I started to yell for her to run when she suddenly lifted her shaking arms and yelled at the creature. Right then the creature was frozen in midair and Ava fell to the ground unconscious.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A6YW2PG/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B00A6YW2PG&linkCode=as2&tag=andsboorev-20


S.P Cervantes lives in Orange County, California with her husband and three children, where she is a teacher. She enjoys spending time with her family, writing, reading, and running, but is always thinking of an idea for her next novel.

S.P. Cervantes is currently working on a new contemporary romance, while finishing the final novel of the Secrets of Shadow Hill series.

S.P. Cervantes has a B.S. in Psychology and a Master’s Degree in Cross Cultural Education.

Website: http://www.spcervantes.com/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/SP-Cervantes/101496710001043

Twitter: https://twitter.com/spcervantes

Blog: http://www.spcervantes.com/

Newsletter Sign Up: http://eepurl.com/LCeOv

No comments:

Post a Comment